The Teacher Training by Yoga Teacher Training is divided into 7 parts.
It is designed to meet the expectations of the Yoga Alliance. The 7 parts are:
1. Technique: Includes the training and practice of: asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, and meditation
2. Teaching: Includes the training and teaching of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher and the student’s process of learning.
3. Anatomy and Physiology: Includes the study of physical anatomy, the skeleton, organs and muscles, cardiovascular system, Pancha Kosha & nutrition.
4. Philosophy and Ethics: This part includes the study of yoga scriptures, ethics for yoga teachers, life of a yogi.
5. Practicum: In these hours the students have to observe and assist classes lead by the main teacher and also teach by themselves.
6. Karma Yoga: The students have to help to run the Yoga-school. Includes office work, organization and public relations.
7. Self-practice: Study of books and discussion and practice of all above mentioned topics in a group.